- 4 cups blueberries (fresh)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs corn starch scant
- 2 tsp lemon juice (lime works)
- 1 baked pie shell (See crust instructions)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 water, fill to 3/4 cup oil
- Roll out crusts between two sheets of wax paper
- Cover edges with crust protector
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Boil 2 cups blueberries, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup water and salt for 5 minutes.
- Mix corn starch in 1/4 cup water.
- Add corn starch mixture to berries, stirring well.
- Add lemon juice, cook until thickened.
- Cool pan in ice water.
Layer the remaining two cups of berries at the bottom of the pie shell. Pour sauce over and chill well.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.